Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 2 Honey Mama's Coffee Nib Crunch bars, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature or slightly softened
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup room temperature vegan butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place streusel ingredients in a bowl and use your fingers to break up the coconut oil until no large chunks remain. Set aside.
- Pour apple cider vinegar into a glass measuring cup, then fill to the 1 cup mark with almond milk. Stir to mix, then leave to curdle--about 5-7 minutes.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Place vegan butter and coconut sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, and mix well. Add 1 egg and mix, then mix in half of the remaining flour mixture. Add the last egg, then the remaining flour, mixing between each addition. Stop the mixer, and scrape down the sides of the bowl using a rubber spatula. Keeping the mixer speed on low, slowly pour in the curdled almond milk and vanilla, and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan, then top with half of the streusel. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the streusel, creating a flat surface. Sprinkle the remaining streusel over the top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before slicing.
- I used vegan butter to make this cake dairy-free, but you can use traditional unsalted butter if you prefer. If you aren't following a grain-free diet, you may be able to use regular all-purpose flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour, but the baking time may be slightly different.
- My cake seemed like it may burn on top before the center set up, so I placed a foil tent loosely over the top for the last 15 minutes of baking.