Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama’s R&D Manager
- 2 T. chopped shallot (1 small shallot)
- 1 ounce Honey Mama's Peruvian Raw bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- 2 T. water, as needed to reach desired consistency (optional)
- Place shallot, chopped Honey Mama's pieces, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor. With the machine running, pour oil through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream, until it is emulsified and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- If the dressing seems too thick to pour, drizzle in a little water while the blender is still running.
- Using a blender will produce a smoother dressing; with a food processor, your dressing is likely to have a bit more texture, and you made need to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times to better disperse the ingredients.