Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 1 cup sprouted almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 T. virgin coconut oil
- 3 T. coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Honey Mama's Chocolate Cake bar, chopped
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 T. arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 10-inch pie plate with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place all crust ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process 30-35 seconds, or until the mixture starts to clump together and a fine crumb is reached. Scrape mixture into the prepared pie plate, then use a rubber spatula (or your fingers!) to press evenly and firmly across the bottom and up the sides.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of chopped pecans evenly on top of crust. Pour the remaining filling ingredients into the jar of a high-power blender, such as a Vitamix, and blend on high speed until no clumps remain. Pour mixture evenly over the chopped pecans. Insert a pie guard over the plate to protect the edges from burning.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the filling has firmed up, and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.