Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 ounce (1 piece) Honey Mama’s Spicy Dark Cocoa Truffle bar, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup strong coffee
- 2 T. coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- ½ tsp. coriander powder
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon powder
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until soft, 4-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in vinegar, tomatoes, chocolate, coffee, coconut sugar, and spices. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into a high-speed blender, such as a Vita-Mix. Blend until smooth.