Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama’s R&D Manager
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 T. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 large pinches of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 Honey Mama's Salted Almond bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Sift coconut flour, baking powder, raw cacao powder and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- Place almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl, and beat with an electic mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and almond milk and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while mixing on low speed. Mix until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Chop one Honey Mama's bar into large chunks and place in the freezer. Chop the second bar into pieces about the same size as chocolate chips. Stir the chip-size pieces into the batter with a wooden spoon.
- Divide mixture equally among the cups in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the frozen Honey Mama's chunks on top, gently pressing them into the batter. Continue baking for 10 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
This recipe was adapted from Ambitious Kitchen