Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 1/2 cup sprouted almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 Honey Mama's Pumpkin Spice bar, roughly chopped
- 1 big pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup tahini (or your favorite nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 T. honey
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt
- Place the almonds and shredded coconut in a food processor and process until the almonds are broken into small bits. Add the Honey Mama's pieces, dates, and salt; continue processing until the mixture becomes sticky and starts to clump together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, then press the mixture evenly across the bottom of the loaf pan. Place in the freezer to chill while you make the fudge.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Add the pumpkin puree and tahini, whisking together until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in the honey, cardamom, ginger, and salt. Once everything is fully combined, remove the crust from the freezer and spread fudge evenly over the top. Place in the refrigerator to chill until the fudge firms up, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Once fudge is firm, make the chocolate shell layer by combining all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk over low heat until no clumps remain. Quickly pour over the fudge and spread evenly. Before the shell hardens, sprinkle some flaky salt over the top. Refrigerate for just a few minutes to firm up completely.
- Slice bars into 8 portions. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe is very flexible. You can switch out the almonds for pecans, pumpkin seeds, etc., or substitute your favorite nut/seed butter for the tahini.
- I've replaced the cardamom & ginger powder with pumpkin pie spice and the bars were every bit as delicious. Other Honey Mama's flavors, such as Salted Almond or Tahini Tangerine, can be used in the crust to achieve a different flavor profile.
- The fudge layer gets very soft at room temperature, so I recommend refrigerating these bars until you are ready to serve them.