Pumpkin SpiceShop Now
- ¾ cup sweet rice flour
- ¾ cup pumpkin seed flour (see Notes below)
- ¾ cup maple sugar
- 1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin spice powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 T. melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 Honey Mama’s Pumpkin Spice Cocoa Truffle Bar, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup milk (I used full-fat coconut milk)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush the cavities of a donut pan with melted coconut oil and set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy, then whisk in the remaining wet ingredients until everything is blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are mixed. Fold in the chopped Honey Mama’s pieces.
- Divide batter evenly among donut pan cavities, then gently shake pan from side to side to even the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the donuts comes out clean.
- Invert donuts onto a wire rack to cool.
- While donuts cool, make the glaze by adding ingredients to a small pot and placing the pot over very low heat. Whisk gently until all ingredients are combined and no clumps remain.
- Once the donuts have cooled, drizzle glaze over the top. I like to place the wire cooling rack holding the donuts over a baking sheet to catch the glaze as it drips off.
- You can make your own pumpkin seed flour by processing raw or sprouted pumpkin seeds in a food processor for 1 minute, stopping every 20 seconds to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. You want to achieve a fine meal without turning the seeds to “butter”. If you still see large pieces of seeds after 1 minute, keep processing at 20 second intervals until you reach the desired texture. Blanched almond flour is a great substitute for pumpkin seed flour.
- Sweet rice flour is also known as glutinous rice flour or mochiko. I recommend this brand.
- If you are unable to find maple sugar, feel free to substitute coconut sugar. Just keep in mind that your donuts may turn out darker than those in the photos.
- I use these donut pans and they work great for this recipe. You will need two pans to make 12 donuts.
Pumpkin SpiceShop Now