Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 1 c. almond milk
- 1 c. full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Honey Mama’s Pumpkin Spice Cocoa Truffle bar, chopped
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. cocoa powder
- 2 T. pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. pumpkin spice powder
- Pinch of cayenne powder, optional
- ½ cup coconut whipped cream
- Cinnamon and nutmeg, optional
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 13.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk, chilled for 24-48 hours
- 1 T. honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Place a mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add almond milk, coconut milk, chopped Honey Mama’s pieces, and cocoa powder. Whisk gently until Honey Mama’s pieces are melted and all ingredients are fully combined. There will be some texture from the pumpkin seeds, but you can strain that out later.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, honey, pumpkin spice powder, and cayenne powder (if using). Heat through.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two large mugs, placing a small strainer over each mug to catch the bits of pumpkin seeds as you pour.
- Remove chilled mixing bowl from refrigerator. Open a can of coconut milk and scoop the hardened coconut cream into the bowl. Save the liquid for another use.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the coconut milk for 30 seconds, or until creamy. Add sweetener of choice and vanilla. Mix for an additional minute, or until smooth.
- Top each mug of hot chocolate with a large dallop (about ¼ cup) of Coconut Whipped Cream.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and/or nutmeg over the top, if using.
- Store any leftover whipped cream in a sealed container in the fridge. It will keep for about a week.