- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened (we like Miyokos)
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 (2.5-ounce) Honey Mama's Tahini Tangerine bars, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a medium-sized bowl; set aside. Place egg, coconut sugar, vegan butter, and almond extract into the bowl of a stand mixer and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add tahini, mixing again until fully blended. Reduce the speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing until all ingredients are fully combined. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Mix black and white sesame seeds in a shallow bowl. Scoop out 1 T. of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Roll the ball in sesame seeds to coat, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Space the cookies about 2" apart. Repeat with remaining dough and sesame seeds. I like to use two baking sheets to give the cookies plenty of room to spread.
3. Bake cookies for about 6 minutes, then remove the pans from the oven and press one piece of the Honey Mama's bar into the center of each cookie. Return the pans to the oven, rotating them top to bottom and front to back. Bake 6-8 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
4. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.