Recipe by Ivy Entrekin, Honey Mama's R&D Manager
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 T. ground flax seed
- 6 T. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. pink salt
- 1 (2.5-ounce) Honey Mama's Tahini Tangerine bar, roughly chopped
- Place ground flax seed in a bowl and stir in the water. Set aside to "gel" for about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tahini, flax eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Add baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder; mix at medium-low speed until fully combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in chopped Honey Mama's pieces.
- Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the thick brownie batter into the pan, and use a rubber spatula (or your *clean* hands) to push the batter evenly to the corners of the pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies feel firm to the touch. They will firm up slightly more as they cool.