- 2 Honey Mama’s Chocolate Cake Cocoa Truffle bars
- 4 oz. brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 4 oz. Kahlua (see recipe below for a homemade version)
- 4 oz. vodka
- Coconut whipped cream, optional
Vegan Kahlua Ingredients:
1. To make the vegan kahlua, pour coconut sugar and coffee into a small pot and simmer gently, stirring often, until all sugar is melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Let cool at room temperature for one hour. Stir in rum and pour into a bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Homemade kahlua does not need to be refrigerated. It will keep for several months in a cool, dry place.
2. Chop half of one of the Honey Mama’s bars and place in a heat-proof bowl; add 1 T. heated coconut milk. Let sit for 30 seconds, then stir gently to mix.
3. Dip the rims of 4 coupe glasses into the melted chocolate. Place glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
4. Meanwhile, mix the espresso, kahlua, and vodka in a glass measuring cup. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Remove the glasses from the freezer. Working in batches, add ½ cup of the kahlua mixture to the shaker and shake for 15-20 seconds. Strain into a prepared glass. Repeat with remaining glasses.
5. Cut the remaining Honey Mama’s bars into desired shapes and use a skewer to garnish each glass. Top with coconut whipped cream. Serve immediately.